Details for Benchmark: FE0989
N 35° 02.867 W 089° 14.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FAYETTE county, TN View Original Datasheet
- PTS 21 J RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1943
AT LA GRANGE. AT LA GRANGE, 300 FEET (WEST) OF THE SOUTHERN RAILWAY STATION SHED, AT A ROAD UNDERPASS, AT THE EAST ABUTMENT, IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE BACK WALL, AND 9 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.