Details for Benchmark: FH0217
N 35° 23.550 W 094° 26.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEQUOYAH county, OK View Original Datasheet
- X 76
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||secondgunman couldn't find FH0217
I won't log this one as destroyed......but it hasn't been seen since 1940. The railroad bridge in the description is no longer there, and it's the only real landmark used in the description. This one might still be there, but it's gonna be tough to find it.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
0.7 MI NE FROM MOFFETT. 0.7 MILES NORTHEAST OF SCHOOL BUILDING AT MOFFETT, LOCATED ALONG THE ST. LOUIS AND SAN FRANCISCO RR., AT WEST END OF RR. BRIDGE OVER ARKANSAS RIVER, 15 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF TRACK ON NORTH END OF WEST ABUTMENT. NOTE-- NEW ABUTMENTS HAVE BEEN BUILT AT THE BRIDGE.
|01/01/1959 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1984 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1984 (WEK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.