Details for Benchmark: FH0807
N 35° 22.550 W 094° 25.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CRAWFORD county, AR View Original Datasheet
- B 298
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
IN FORT SMITH. IN FORT SMITH, 1/2 BLOCK EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 71 AND SOUTH G STREET, AT A GRAVEL ALLEY ROAD LEADING SOUTH, 1.0 KM (0.55 MI) SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 71 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 64 IN FORT SMITH, THENCE 1/2 BLOCK EAST ON SOUTH G STREET, 8.0 METERS (26.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF G STREET, 3.4 METERS (11.2 FT) EAST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF A GRAVEL ROAD, 0.85 METERS (2.8 FT) SOUTH OF A POWERLINE POLE, 0.82 METERS (2.7 FT) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF A 40 FEET BY 40 FEET METAL SHED, AND 2.8 METERS (9.2 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A 2-FEET ROUND SEWER MANHOLE COVER. NOTE, DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AND ANCHORED. THE MARK IS 0.31 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.31 M ABOVE STREET.
|11/01/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.