Details for Benchmark: FH0984
N 35° 22.435 W 094° 25.763 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SEBASTIAN county, AR View Original Datasheet
- FORT SMITH CHEROKEE MILLS STK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE STACK AT THE CHEROKEE COTTON OIL MILLS. IT IS A ROUND, RED BRICK STACK WITH SLIGHT CORBEL AT THE TOP AND AN ENLARGED BAND ABOUT 10 FEET BELOW THE TOP. IT IS ABOUT 150 FEET HIGH AND IS VERY PROMINENT.
THE OIL MILLS ARE IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF FORT SMITH, ABOUT 1 MILE S OF THE BUSINESS SECTION OF TOWN, ABOUT 1,200 FEET E OF THE POTEAU RIVER WHICH IS THE W CITY LIMITS, ON THE W SIDE OF FRISCO RAILROAD TRACK, AND ON THE S SIDE OF S I STREET. THE STACK IS ABOUT 500 FEET W OF THE FRISCO RAILROAD TRACK, ABOUT 400 FEET S OF S I STREET, AND ON THE W SIDE OF THE PLANT.
|01/01/1955 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955 (WTJ)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.