Details for Benchmark: FH0990
N 35° 23.385 W 094° 25.679 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SEBASTIAN county, AR View Original Datasheet
- FORT SMITH SCHAAP DRUG CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||popupcop marked FH0990 as destroyed
This landmark is no longer in existence. The area where the building stood is now a free parking lot for City of Fort Smith events.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (CAS)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE WATER TANK AT THE JOHN SCHAAP AND SONS DRUG COMPANY. IT IS A SMALL ROUND WOOD STAVE TANK WITH A CONICAL TOP AND A FINIAL AT THE TIP. THE TANK IS ON TOP OF THE N CORNER OF THE BUILDING OCCUPIED BY THE DRUG COMPANY. IT IS ABOUT 90 FEET HIGH AND IS NOT VERY PROMINENT.
THE JOHN SCHAAP AND SONS DRUG COMPANY IS IN THE BUSINESS SECTION OF FORT SMITH, AT THE N CORNER OF GARRISON AVENUE (MAIN STREET OF TOWN) AND N SECOND STREET AND IS TWO BLOCKS SE OF THE ARKANSAS RIVER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.