Details for Benchmark: FH1196
N 35° 23.817 W 094° 25.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SEBASTIAN county, AR View Original Datasheet
- A 311
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
IN FORT SMITH, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NORTH H STREET AND THE ARKANSAS AND MISSOURI RAILROAD, 52.4 M (171.9 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 20.0 M (65.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, 5.2 M (17.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL OF A SPUR TRACK, 1.3 M (4.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH A GUY WIRE, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE STREET. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.