Details for Benchmark: FJ0517
N 35° 29.583 W 097° 30.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OKLAHOMA county, OK View Original Datasheet
- R 143
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Wild Sharks couldn't find FJ0517
Couldn't find this one. Suspect it may be gone, as the general location is now where the overpass of Highway 235 crosses NE 23rd.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2.1 MI N FROM OKLAHOMA CITY. 2.1 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT OKLAHOMA CITY, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 382, AT CONCRETE BRIDGE 382 A OVER U.S. HIGHWAY 77, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT, 0.6 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE BEGINNING OF THE SLOPE OF THE ABUTMENT, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST BANISTER, AND 10.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 143 1934.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, BUT NOT LEVELED TO ON THIS SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.