Details for Benchmark: FO0184
N 35° 02.150 W 106° 22.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- NM BER 215
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by NMGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (POOR)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
3.5 MI S FROM TIJERAS RANGER STATION. 3.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE YRISARRI ROAD FROM THE RANGER STATION AT TIJERAS, BERNALILLO COUNTY, AT THE WEST END OF A CUT, AT A CURVE, 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF A ROCK LEDGE, AND ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD. A STATE SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED NM BER 215 1934 EL 6761.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.