Details for Benchmark: FO0342
N 35° 03.017 W 106° 37.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by USE (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.5 MI SE FROM ALBUQUERQUE. 1.4 MILES EAST ALONG EAST CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE EAST CENTRAL AVENUE VIADUCT AT ALBUQUERQUE, THENCE 2.1 MILES SOUTH ALONG SOUTH YALE AVENUE, AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF A DRY WASH, ON THE CREST OF A SANDY HILL, 180 YARDS NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE MAIN BUILDING AT THE ALBUQUERQUE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, 298 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF SOUTH YALE AVENUE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/08/1996 by CHANCE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1996 (MFY)
RECOVERY NOTE BY CHANCE 1996 MARK NOT FOUND - SEARCHED 0.5 PERSON-HOUR.
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.