Details for Benchmark: FO0347
N 35° 02.950 W 106° 37.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- KIRTLAND 2 RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
3.5 MI SE FROM ALBUQUERQUE. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 25 AND MILES ROAD IN ALBUQUERQUE, GO EAST ON MILES ROAD FOR 1.0 MILE TO A CROSSROAD. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON YALE BOULEVARD FOR 0.55 MILE TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT LEADING TO THE MAIN TERMINAL BUILDING OF THE ALBUQUERQUE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. CONTINUE SOUTH ON YALE BOULEVARD FOR 0.05 MILE TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT, GO SOUTHEAST AND EAST ON A PAVED ROAD FOR 0.25 MILE TO THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A PAVED PARKING AREA. TURN LEFT, GO NORTH PASSING TO THE EAST OF A GROUP OF TRANS WORLD AIRLINES FUEL TANKS FOR 0.05 MILE TO THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE PAVED AREA AND THE MARK AS DESCRIBED. IT IS A STANDARD REFERENCE MARK DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A 10-INCH CYLINDRICAL CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 3 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 76.6 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 51.5 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE CORNER AND 2.6 FEET WEST OF A WIRE FENCE.
|01/09/1996 by CHANCE (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1996 (MFY)
RECOVERY NOTE BY CHANCE 1996 MARK NOT FOUND - SEARCHED 0.5 PERSON-HOUR.
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.