Details for Benchmark: FO0355
N 35° 03.200 W 106° 35.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- HANGAR RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
0.55 MI NE FROM ALBUQUERQUE. ABOUT 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG RANDOLPH AVENUE FROM THE KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE FIRE STATION BUILDING 980, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTH ALONG GRACE AVENUE, THENCE 0.1 MILE EAST ALONG AN ACCESS ROAD TO KIRTLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB BUILDING 909, IN S 35, T 10 N, R 3 E, 88 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING 909, 89 FEET SOUTH OF HANGAR 1948, 46 FEET SOUTH OF A POWER POLE WHICH BEARS LIGHT A 19D4A6, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST ABOUT 4 INCHES BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/09/1996 by CHANCE (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY JE CHANCE AND ASSOCIATES 1996 (MFY)
RECOVERY NOTE BY CHANCE 1996 RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW AND COMPLETE DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE IN SOUTHERN ALBUQUERQUE TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 25 AND GIBSON STREET IN SOUTHERN ALBUQUERQUE, PROCEED EAST ON GIBSON FOR 4.5 KM (2.80 MI) TO TRUMAN AVENUE. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON TRUMAN AVENUE FOR 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) TO KIRTLAND AIR FORCE AND AN ACCESS ROAD FOR BUILDING NO 909. TURN LEFT AND PROCEED EAST ON THE ACCESS ROAD FOR 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT IN A COURTYARD SOUTH OF THE ACCESS ROAD AND BETWEEN A PARKING LOT AND BUILDING NO 909 THE STATION IS A REFERENCE MARK DISK SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT. THE STATION IS LOCATED 27.2 M (89.2 FT) SOUTH OF STATION HANGER, 27.0 M (88.6 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BUILDING NO 909, 24.0 M (78.7 FT) NORTHEAST OF A TREE AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE PARKING LOT, 14.0 M (45.9 FT) SOUTH OF POWER POLE NO 2, AND 12.1 M (39.7 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE PARKING LOT
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.