Details for Benchmark: FO0356
N 35° 03.067 W 106° 34.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- Q 336
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||cowpill couldn't find FO0356
I searched extensivly for this mark, but due to recent construction of a waterline and an improved walking path bench mark is missing.
[This entry was edited by cowpill on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 at 11:34:02 AM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
1.1 MI EAST FROM ALBUQUERQUE. ABOUT 1.1 MILES EAST ALONG RANDOLPH AVENUE FROM THE KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE FIRE STATION BUILDING 980, IN S 36, T 10 N, R 3 E, 112 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 62 FEET NORTH OF A ROW OF ELM TREES, 5 FEET NORTH OF POWER POLE 55, 1.1 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 20 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 6 INCH CAST IRON PIPE PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.