Details for Benchmark: FO0357
N 35° 02.550 W 106° 34.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- R 336
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||rapprapp posted a note for FO0357
This doesn't appear to be accesible as it is on the Air Force Base and has restrictions on the location of the benchmark.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967
2.15 MI SE FROM ALBUQUERQUE. ABOUT 2.15 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG RANDOLPH AVENUE FROM THE KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE FIRE STATION BUILDING 980, IN S 1, T 9 N, R 3 E, 272 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE AVENUE AND ORDNANCE STREET, 67 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF ORDNANCE STREET, 102 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF GERONIMO SERVICE COMPANY BUILDING, 30 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CHAIN-LINK FENCE, 4 FEET NORTH OF A POWER POLE WHICH BEARS A FLOOD LIGHT, 1.5 FEET SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 12 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH CAST IRON PIPE PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.