Details for Benchmark: FO0373
N 35° 03.550 W 106° 33.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- H 3 H 4
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Wadgod marked FO0373 as destroyed
This area was complety redone and few years ago. New house, streets, sidewalks, and parks.
||The Dog Catcher couldn't find FO0373
The coordinates are now on the East side of Wyoming (Main St. ?) near a wall separating a residential area from Wyoming. C street does not exist at this location any more. Likely destroyed.
[last edit: 1/19/2004 4:14:40 PM PST]
[last edit: 1/19/2004 4:16:17 PM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USE (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
6.6 MI SE FROM ALBUQUERQUE. 5.5 MILES EAST ALONG EAST CENTRAL AVENUE FROM THE EAST CENTRAL AVENUE VIADUCT AT ALBUQUERQUE, THENCE 0.55 MILE SOUTH ALONG SOUTH WYOMING AVENUE TO THE NORTH GATE OF SANDIA BASE, THENCE 0.55 MILE SOUTH ALONG MAIN STREET, AT ITS INTERSECTION WITH C STREET, IN THE CENTER OF THE EAST END OF A PARKING AREA, 51 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF C STREET, 17 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF MAIN STREET, 33.6 FEET EAST OF THE EAST END OF A CONCRETE ISLAND OR PARKING CURB, SET IN THE TOP OF THE PAVEMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.