Details for Benchmark: FO0994
N 35° 04.795 W 106° 22.984 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- I40 R4
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NMHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NM HIGHWAY DEPT 1970 (REC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 15 MILES EAST OF ALBUQUERQUE AND 0.3 MILES SOUTH OF THE EXISTING U.S. 66.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. 66 AND STATE ROAD 10 (SOUTH). GO SOUTH ON STATE ROAD 10 0.2 MILES TO A BLADED ROAD ON THE LEFT. GO EAST ON THIS ROAD 0.2 MILES TO AN INTERSECTION. TURN LEFT AND GO 0.1 MILE ON A TRAIL ROAD AND THE END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. PACK EASTERLY AND UP TO THE TOP OF A ROCK LEDGE ABOUT 0.2 MILES TO THE STATION NEAR THE NORTH EDGE OF THE LEDGE.
THE MONUMENT IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED I-040-R4, AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR INFORMATION TO STATIONS I-040-R3 AND I-040-R5, SEE THE TRAVERSE SHEETS FOR I-040-R3 AND I-040-R5.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.