Details for Benchmark: FO1004
N 35° 03.857 W 106° 25.653 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- I40 R2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NMHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NM HIGHWAY DEPT 1970 (REC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 12.3 MILES EAST OF ALBUQUERQUE AND 0.3 MILES SOUTH OF THE EXISTING U.S. 66.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AVENUE AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS, DOWNTOWN ALBUQUEQUE, GO EAST ON CENTRAL (U.S. 66) FOR 9.0 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION WITH INTERSTATE 40. CONTINUE EAST ON INTERSTATE 40 (U.S. 66) FOR 3.6 MILES AND A LONG METAL BUILDING ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO TO THE EAST OF THE BUILDING AND CROSS THE ARROYO TO THE BASE OF A HILL. PACK SOUTHERLY UP TO THE BASE OF A GROUP OF FOUR POWER POLES. THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 25 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHERNMOST POLE.
THE MONUMENT IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED STA. I-040-R2, AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR INFORMATION TO STATIONS I-040-R1 AND I-040-R3, SEE THE TRAVERSE SHEETS FOR I-040-R1 AND I-040-R3.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.