Details for Benchmark: FO1205
N 35° 02.396 W 106° 36.069 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- ALBUQUERQUE MUN APT BEACON
- Marker Type:
- control tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||cowpill posted a note for FO1205
This Point does not exist. The old tower is gone and the light beacon is on the general aviation side. The new tower is across the runway.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (JLC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ATOP THE CONTROL TOWER OF THE ALBUQUERQUE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT IN ALBUQUERQUE. IT HAS AN OVER-ALL HEIGHT OF 110 FEET.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE CENTER OF THE SPINDLE OF THE BEACON.
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.