Details for Benchmark: FO1209
N 35° 03.495 W 106° 36.274 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- G 6
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (SRC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON GIBSON BLVD. AT THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON BLVD. AND CARLISLE BLVD.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS (DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE), GO EAST ON CENTRAL (U.S.-66) FOR 0.6 MILE AND TURN SOUTH ON LOCUST. CONTINUE SOUTH ON LOCUST FOR 0.3 MILE AND ENTER THE RAMP FOR I-25 SOUTH-BOUND. GO SOUTH ON I-25 FOR 1.30 MILE AND TAKE THE MILES ROAD-EAST EXIT. AFTER ENTERING MILES ROAD, CONTINUE EAST FOR APPROXIMATELY 0.47 MILE. HERE STAY WITH THE MAJOR STREET WHICH CHANGES TO GIBSON BLVD. CONTINUE EAST FOR ANOTHER 1.50 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON BLVD. AND CARLISLE BLVD. THE STATION IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE INTERSECTION ON GIBSON BLVD. AND IS APPROXIMATELY 33 FT WEST OF THE MEDIAN NOSE AND 2.5 FT NORTH OF THE SOUTH MEDIAN CURB OF GIBSON.
THE MONUMENT IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED STA. G-6, AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR THE INFORMATION TO THE STATIONS G-5 AND G-7, SEE THE TRAVERSE DESCRIPTION SHEETS FOR G-5 AND G-7.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.