Details for Benchmark: FO1218
N 35° 03.498 W 106° 34.668 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- G 3
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BuckBrooke couldn't find FO1218
Construction on Gibson. They're redoing the medians as well. Presumed destroyed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by NMHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NM HIGHWAY DEPT 1969 (SRC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON AND SAN PEDRO ON GIBSON BLVD.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS (DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE), GO EAST ON CENTRAL (U.S.-66) FOR APPROXIMATELY 0.60 MILE AND TURN SOUTH ON LOCUST STREET. CONTINUE SOUTH ON LOCUST FOR 0.3 MILE AND ENTER THE RAMP WHICH ENTERS I-25 SOUTH-BOUND. CONTINUE SOUTH ON I-25 FOR 1.30 MILE AND THEN TAKE THE MILES ROAD-EAST EXIT. ENTER MILES ROAD GOING EAST AND TRAVEL EAST FOR 0.47 MILE AND STAY ON THE MAJOR STREET WHICH CHANGES TO GIBSON BLVD. GO EAST ON GIBSON FOR APPROXIMATELY 3.0 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON AND SAN PEDRO. THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF THIS INTERSECTION AND IS IN THE CENTER OF THE MEDIAN AND IS APPROXIMATELY 18 FT WEST FROM THE WEST MEDIAN NOSE.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED STA. G-3, AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR THE INFORMATION TO THE STATIONS G-5 AND G-2, SEE THE TRAVERSE DESCRIPTION SHEET FOR G-5 AND G-2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.