Details for Benchmark: FO1219
N 35° 03.503 W 106° 32.755 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- ALBUQUERQUE SANDIA AFB NW TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Gurgi4GPS marked FO1219 as destroyed
Tower no longer present at coordinates as of July 2003 - KAFB razing old housing community surrounding tower.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 (WRH)
STATION IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF ALBUQUERQUE AT THE SANDIA AIRFORCE BASE. IT IS A LARGE, GREY COLORED, STEEL TANK MOUNTED ON A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE THAT IS ABOUT 80 FEET IN HEIGHT. THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF TANK WAS INTERSECTED.
|01/01/1969 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (JLC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY W.R.H. 1954 WITH THE EXCEPTION THE TANK HAS SIX LEGS.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (EP)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED. THE TANK IS ABOUT 120 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN--5 MILES EAST OF ALBUQUERQUE
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.