Details for Benchmark: FO1237
N 35° 03.267 W 106° 34.455 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- 1 M18
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BuckBrooke found FO1237
My coordinates read 03.267, 106 34.457. Pretty close. It is in the grass, very much overgrown, about 10 ft. N of a Neighborhood Organized Against Crime sign.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by NM0030 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO 1969 (LJU)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.7 MILES S.E. OF DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE, 1.5 MILES SOUTH OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, ABOUT 0.6 MILES EAST OF THE VETERANS HOSPITAL ON THE WEST SIDE OF LASSETTER PARK.
TO REACH STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON BLVD. AND RIDGECREST DRIVE, GO S.E. ON RIDGECREST DRIVE, FROM THE RIDGECREST ENTRANCE TO THE VETERANS HOSPITAL, FOR 0.7 MILES TO DAKOTA ST. AND STATION.
STATION MARK IS A BRASS CAP SET IN CONCRETE BLOCK AND STAMPED CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE ELEV. -- 1-M 18 LOCATED 100 FT NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE ON RIDGECREST DRIVE, 22 FT EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF DAKOTA, 2 FT EAST OF CONCRETE WALK ON EAST SIDE OF DAKOTA.
VETS IS A USC AND GS DISK LOCATED ON TOP OF THE ADMINISTRATION BLDG. AT THE VETERANS HOSPITAL.
BANK IS A USC AND GS DISK LOCATED ON TOP OF THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK BLDG. AT CENTRAL AVE. AND SAN MATEO BLVD.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.