Details for Benchmark: FO1238
N 35° 03.487 W 106° 33.594 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- G 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||SofaBuddy found FO1238
N 35° 03.487 W 106° 33.588
Coordinates are WGS84, with WAAS enabled, so they should be right on.
The benchmark location is exactly as described, visible from left turn lane (sitting at stoplight on Pennsylvania (northbound), turning left onto Gibson (westbound).
McDonald's is also at the corner, in case you're in the mood for some nasty food.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by NMHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NM HIGHWAY DEPT 1969 (SRC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED JUST INSIDE SANDIA BASE ON GIBSON AT THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON AND PENNSYLVANIA.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS (DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE) GO EAST ON CENTRAL (U.S.-66) AND TURN SOUTH ON LOCUST. GO SOUTH ON LOCUST FOR APPROXIMATELY 0.3 MILE AND TAKE THE RAMP TO ENTER I-25 SOUTH-BOUND. TRAVEL SOUTH ON I-25 FOR 1.30 MILE AND TAKE THE MILES ROAD EAST EXIT. ENTER MILES ROAD AND GO EAST FOR 0.47 MILE AND STAY ON THE MAJOR STREET WHICH CHANGES TO GIBSON BLVD. GO EAST ON GIBSON FOR APPROXIMATELY 3.5 MILES TO THE WEST ENTRANCE GATE FOR SANDIA BASE. ENTER SANDIA BASE AND CONTINUE ON GIBSON FOR 0.50 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON AND PENNSYLVANIA. THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE TRIANGLE IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE INTERSECTION. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 20 FT FROM THE WEST NOSE OF THE TRIANGLE AND 6 FT FROM THE NORTH CURB ALONG GIBSON.
THE MONUMENT IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED STA. G-1 AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR THE INFORMATION TO THE STATION BANK, SEE THE TRIANGULATION DESCRIPTION SHEET FOR BANK AND FOR THE STATION G-2, SEE THE TRAVERSE DESCRIPTION SHEET FOR G-2.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.