Details for Benchmark: FO1248
N 35° 03.506 W 106° 37.308 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- G 9
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BuckBrooke couldn't find FO1248
Construction on Gibson. They're redoing the medians as well. Presumed destroyed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by NMHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NM HIGHWAY DEPT 1969 (SRC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON BLVD. AND YALE BLVD. ON GIBSON.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF CENTRAL AND THE RAILROAD TRACKS (DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE), GO EAST ON CENTRAL (U.S.-66) FOR 0.60 MILE AND TURN SOUTH ON LOCUST. CONTINUE SOUTH ON LOCUST FOR 0.30 MILE AND ENTER THE RAMP TO I-25 SOUTH-BOUND. TRAVEL SOUTH ON I-25 FOR 1.30 MILE AND TAKE THE MILES ROAD-EAST EXIT. AFTER ENTERING MILES ROAD, CONTINUE EAST ON MILES ROAD FOR APPROXIMATELY 0.47 MILE, STAY ON THE MAJOR STREET WHICH CHANGES TO GIBSON BLVD. CONTINUE EAST ON GIBSON FOR ANOTHER 0.45 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON BLVD. AND YALE BLVD. THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE INTERSECTION OF GIBSON. THE POINT IS APPROXIMATELY 15 FT EAST OF THE MEDIAN NOSE AND 1 FT NORTH OF THE SOUTH CURB ON GIBSON.
THE MONUMENT IS A STANDARD STATE HIGHWAY COMMISSION DISK STAMPED STA. G-9, AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
FOR THE INFORMATION TO THE STATIONS I-25-30 AND G-8, SEE THE TRAVERSE DESCRIPTION SHEETS FOR I-25-30 AND G-8.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.