Details for Benchmark: FO1255
N 35° 02.795 W 106° 36.876 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BERNALILLO county, NM View Original Datasheet
- ALBUQUERQUE KIRTLAND AFB TWR
- Marker Type:
- control tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Benchmark Blasterz marked FO1255 as destroyed
Per the datasheet description, this mark is destroyed.
||J.A.R. found FO1255
Its funny, been seeing this for months now and never realized it was a benchmark.
Stepped out our hanger door at Eclipse and bang...there it is!
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955 (WRH)
THE CONTROL TOWER IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF ALBUQUERQUE AT KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE.
THE CONTROL TOWER IS A TWO STORY STRUCTURE WITH THE CONTROL ROOM ON THE SECOND STORY. IT HAS LARGE GREEN GLASS WINDOWS ON ALL FOUR SIDES. THE APEX OF THE ROOF WAS INTERSECTED.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (JJC)
THE CONTROL TOWER HAS BEEN TORN DOWN. THERE IS NOW A CONTROL TOWER ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE AIRPORT WHICH IS OPERATED BY THE FAA.
- This mark is at Albuquerque Int''l Airport (ABQ)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.