Details for Benchmark: FP0274
N 35° 04.533 W 109° 46.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In APACHE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- DESERT PARK RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Zhanna found FP0274
N 35° 04.545 W 109° 46.168
Please see the complete recovery, including text and photos, at my website: [b][url=http://surveymarks.planetzhanna.com/reference-marks/fp0274/]FP0274 - DESERT PARK RM 1[/url][/b].
This entry was edited by Zhanna on Friday, 07 December 2012 at 03:22:25 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1936 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
27.1 MI NE FROM HOLBROOK. 27.1 MILES NORTH AND EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT HOLBROOK, 0.65 MILE EAST OF THE OVERPASS FOR THE PAINTED DESERT, UNTIL REACHING A HIGHWAY SAND STOCKPILE, THENCE GO NORTH ABOUT 0.7 MILE FOLLOWING A DIM ROAD, 37.3 FEET WEST OF THE WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE POST THAT PROJECTS 2 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.