Details for Benchmark: FP0411
N 35° 02.634 W 109° 48.042 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In APACHE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (SLH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 25 MILES NORTHEAST OF HOLBROOK AND 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION JUST NORTH OF THE POST OFFICE IN HOLBROOK, GO NORTH AND NORTHEAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FOR 25.0 MILES TO THE JUNCTION WITH THE PAINTED DESERT-PETRIFIED FOREST ROAD. (TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH FOR 0.25 MILE TO THE AZIMUTH MARK ON THE RIGHT.) TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.3 MILE TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION MARK, STAMPED PAT 1959, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 100 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE PETRIFIED FOREST ROAD AND 9.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1, STAMPED PAT NO 1 1959, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 100 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE PETRIFIED FOREST ROAD AND 9.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1, STAMPED PAT NO 1 1959, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 4 INCHES. IT IS 27.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 2, STAMPED PAT NO 2 1959, IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 12 INCH SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT PROJECTS 3 INCHES. IT IS 37.1 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST.
THE AZIMUTH MARK, STAMPED 261 2429 56 4364 1937, IS A DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE DISK SCREWED TO THE TOP OF A 2 INCH IRON PIPE THAT PROJECTS 12 INCHES. IT IS 102 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF AN EAST-WEST ROAD AND 99 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE PAINTED DESERT ROAD.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
38.0 KM (23.6 MI) SW FROM CHAMBERS. 37.5 KM (23.3 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 40 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U. S. HIGHWAY 191 AND STATE HIGHWAY 63 IN CHAMBERS, THENCE 0.5 KM (0.3 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG A PAVED ROAD AND 64.0 METERS (210.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 3.0 METERS S FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.2 M ABOVE THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.