Details for Benchmark: FQ0047
N 35° 02.182 W 110° 44.143 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NAVAJO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 252
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1939 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
2.2 MI W FROM WINSLOW. 2.2 MILES WEST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM WINSLOW, NAVAJO COUNTY, 1-1/2 POLES WEST OF MILEPOST 288, AT BRIDGE A 289, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST ABUTMENT, AND 12 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTH TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 252 1939.
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1958 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT THE BRIDGE IS NUMBER 288.1.
|11/28/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|05/28/1997 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (WCW)
RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 28 MAY 1997 (WCW) . RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AS DESCRIBED WITH ALTERNATE TO REACH AS FOLLOWS. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT THE JUNCTION OF WESTBOUND INTERSTATE 40 BUSINESS (US HIGHWAY 66, THIRD STREET) AND STATE HIGHWAY 87 (WILLIAMSON AVE) GO WESTERLY ON THIRD STREET FOR A TOTAL OF 3.9 KM (2.40 MI) PASSING INTERSTATE 40 EXIT 252 ON RIGHT AT 2.9 KM (1.80 MI) PASSING ADOT LANE ON LEFT AT 3.7 KM (2.30 MI) TO A DIRT ROAD ON LEFT BEFORE CROSSING A BRIDGE OVER A DRY WASH. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.25 KM (0.15 MI) TO THE STATION AHEAD AS DESCRIBED. THE STATION HAS NO OBSTRUCTIONS (SUITABLE FOR GPS) EXCEPT FOR CLOSE PROXIMITY TO ACTIVE RAIL LINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.