Details for Benchmark: FQ0115
N 35° 58.797 W 110° 59.305 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- J 63
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1967 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1967
21.1 MI SE FROM TUBA CITY. TUBA CITY POST OFFICE. THENCE 18.0 MILES SE ON ROUTE 264 TOWARD ORAIBI TO A SMALL N-S SAND RIDGE 300 FEET E MILE POST 341 AND 3.05 MILES W OF COAL MINE MESA TRADING POST. 357 FEET SE OF M.P. 341. 325 FEET S OF THE ROAD. 20 FEET S OF THE OLD ROAD. ON THE S SIDE OF THE ROAD IN THE TOP OF A SAND RIDGE A CONCRETE POST.
|08/12/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (WAS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 13 MI (20.9 KM) WEST OF THE NAVAJO/COCONINO COUNTY LINE, JUST SOUTH OF ARIZONA HIGHWAY 264, ABOUT 17 MI (27.4 KM) SOUTHEAST OF TUBA CITY, AND ABOUT 18 MI (29.0 KM) WEST OF HOTEVILLA ON A LOW SANDY RIDGE ON HOPI INDIAN RESERVATION TRIBAL LAND. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE TURNOFF FOR KYKOTSMOVI FROM ARIZONA HIGHWAY 264, GO WEST ON ARIZONA 264 FOR 6.0 MI (9.7 KM) TO THE TURNOFF FOR THE VILLAGE OF HOTEVILLA. CONTINUE NORTH AND WEST FOR 8.3 MI (13.4 KM) TO THE NAVAJO/COCONINO COUNTY LINE. CONTINUE WEST FOR 14.3 MI (23.0 KM) TO HIGH TENSION POWERLINES CROSSING THE HIGHWAY. CONTINUE WEST FOR 1.O MI TO THE COAL MINE MESA SETTLEMENT ON THE LEFT, SOUTH, SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY. CONTINUE WEST FOR 2.1 MI (3.4 KM) TO MILEPOST 342. CONTINUE WEST FOR 0.85 MI (1.37 KM) TO A DIRT ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, SOUTH, PASS THROUGH THE GATE IN THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE AND GO 0.05 MI (0.08 KM) TO A TRACK ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, NORTHWEST, AND GO 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO A SANDY NORTH-SOUTH RIDGE AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS A USCGS BENCHMARK DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 0.25 M (0.82 FT) SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 0.15 M (0.49 FT) AND STAMPED --- J 63 ---. IT IS 7.0 M (23.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A TRACK ROAD, 60.2 M (197.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH HIGHWAY RIGHT OF WAY FENCE AND ABOUT 10 M (32.8 FT) EAST OF THE TOP OF A LOW SANDY NORTH-SOUTH RIDGE. NOTE -- IF APPROACHING FROM THE WEST, THE 1967 RECOVERY DESCRIPTION IS STILL ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.