Details for Benchmark: FQ0130
N 35° 54.100 W 110° 39.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NAVAJO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 64
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
4.1 MI NW FROM ORAIBI. FROM THE HOTEVILA DAY SCHOOL, DRIVE EAST 0.2 MILES TO STATE HIGHWAY 264, THENCE 1.3 MILES SOUTH, THENCE 0.2 MILES ALONG A DIRT ROAD THAT RUNS PARALLEL TO THE STATE HIGHWAY TO BM. BM IS 150 FEET SOUTH OF AND 30 FEET ABOVE HIGHWAY. 100 YARDS WEST OF THE EDGE OF A LARGE ROCK CANYON, 46 FEET SOUTH OF A DIRT ROAD AND IN THE TOP OF A LARGE GRAY SANDSTONE OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.