Details for Benchmark: FQ0173
N 35° 51.350 W 111° 28.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- V 62
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
4.3 MI W FROM CAMERON. 2.5 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 64 FROM THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 64 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 89 (1.9 MILES SOUTH OF CAMERON), 0.4 MILES SOUTH OF HIGHWAY, 81 FEET NORTH OF OLD ROUTE OF HIGHWAY 64 IN SOUTH END OF A WHITE SANDSTONE OUTCROPPING, ABOUT 1.5 FEET ABOVE GROUND. CEMENTED IN TOP OF SANDSTONE OUTCROP.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 2.6 KM (1.6 MI) SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CAMERON, THENCE 3.9 KM (2.4 MI) WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 64 TO THE CREST OF A GRADE, THENCE 0.3 KM (0.2 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG A TRACK ROAD, THENCE 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) EAST ALONG THE OLD HIGHWAY BED TO THE CREST OF A LOW HILL, IN TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF A 35 BY 12 FOOT PORTION OF WHITE SANDSTONE OUTCROP PROJECTING 1.5 FEET ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND, 26.0 METERS (85 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE OLD HIGHWAY BED, 1.5 METERS (5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A CAIRN. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS S FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.5 M ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.