Details for Benchmark: FQ0354
N 35° 35.867 W 111° 31.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- X 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
22.0 MI S FROM CAMERON. 22.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE NORTH END OF THE SUSPENSION BRIDGE AT CAMERON, COCONINO COUNTY, AT THE CREST OF A SMALL ROCKY RISE, 27 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, NEAR THE CENTER OF A GROUP OF BLACK ROCKS IN THE TOP OF A BLACK ROCK OUTCROP, AND 3 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED ELEV 5532.072 FT.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS-- FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HWYS. 66 AND 89, 3.60 MILES EAST OF SANTA FE STATION IN FLAGSTAFF, TRAVEL NORTH ON U.S. 89 FOR 28.30 MILES TO MILE POST 445.95 (0.10 MILE SOUTH OF HANKS TRADING POST), TURN LEFT, WEST, ON GRAVEL ROAD FOR 0.10 MILE TO OLD ABANDONED HWY., TURN RIGHT ON OLD HWY. AND GO 0.40 MILE AND TO THE STATION AT THE CREST OF A SMALL ROCKY RISE, 27 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF HWY. NEAR THE CENTER OF A GROUP OF BLACK ROCKS IN THE TOP OF A BLACK ROCK OUTCROP PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 32.8 KM (20.4 MI) SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CAMERON, IN TOP OF A SMALL PORTION OF VOLCANIC OUTCROP ON THE EAST EDGE OF A SMALL RISE, 0.6 KM (0.4 MI) NORTH OF MILEPOST 446, 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) NORTH OF HANKS TRADING POST, 167.5 METERS (540 FT) WEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 8.2 METERS (27 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE OLD HIGHWAY AND A FENCE, 44.8 METERS (147 FT) SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 134.1 METERS (440 FT) WEST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE. NOTE--X 5 WAS STAMPED ON THE DISK BY THIS UNIT IN 1983. THE MARK IS 2.0 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 2.0 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.