Details for Benchmark: FQ0448
N 35° 12.283 W 111° 38.650 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 492
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
4.7 KM (2.9 MI) NORTH FROM FLAGSTAFF. 3.7 KM (2.3 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS 17 AND 40 IN FLAGSTAFF, THENCE 1.0 KM (0.6 MI) NORTH ALONG SAN FRANCISCO STREET, IN TOP OF A VOLCANIC OUTCROP AT THE NORTH END OF A CUT, 8.2 METERS (27 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF SAN FRANCISCO STREET, 87.7 METERS (288 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF EAST SWITZER CYN DRIVE, 22.8 METERS (75 FT) NORTH OF A POWER POLE WITH A STREET LIGHT. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.