Details for Benchmark: FQ0576
N 35° 44.787 W 111° 28.006 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1976 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1976 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 9.2 MILES SOUTHWEST OF CAMERON, 0.3 MILE NORTHEAST OF GRAY MOUNTEN TRADING POST, EAST OF HWY. 89 AND NEAR A POWERLINE.
THE STATION IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED GRAY 1976 SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT AND MARKED WITH A WITNESS POST AND SIGN 4 FEET TO EAST NORTHEAST. THE STATION IS 22.8 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF A POWERLINE AND 32 FEET NORTH NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE NO. 73.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED GRAY RM 1 1976 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 0.3 FEET. THE MARK IS 22 FEET WEST OF POWERLINE AND 59 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE NO. 73.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED GRAY RM 2 1976 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 0.3 FEET. THE MARK IS 29 FEET SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF POWER POLE NO. 73 AND 22 FEET WEST OF CENTER OF POWERLINE.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HWY. 66 AND 89, 6 MILES EAST OF FLAGSTAFF, TRAVEL NORTH ON HWY. 89 TO GRAY MTN (MILE POST 457.1), TURN RIGHT, EAST, BETWEEN GRAY MTN. MOTEL AND SHELL SERVICE STATION AND FOLLOW ROAD FOR 0.14 MILE TO WATER TANKS ON THE LEFT, CONTINUE EAST FOR 0.04 MILE TO A WIRE GATE, PASS THROUGH GATE AND CONTINUE FOR 0.17 MILE TO A POWERLINE, TURN LEFT, NORTH, ON POWERLINE ROAD FOR 0.21 MILE TO STATION ON THE LEFT.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.