Details for Benchmark: FQ0579
N 35° 50.655 W 111° 25.999 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- HIGHWAY 89 MP 464.30
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1977 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 7.3 MILES NORTH OF GRAY MOUNTAIN, ARIZONA, ON EAST SIDE OF U.S. HWY. 89.
THE STATION IS A ARIZONA HIGHWAY DIVISION BRASS CAP EPOXIED IN A SANDSTONE BEDROCK FLUSH WITH GROUND STAMPED P AND M 1321 MP 464.30 1974. STATION IS 70 FEET EAST OF HWY. CENTERLINE, 3 FEET WEST OF R/W FENCE, ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN ROAD. A P AND M WITNESS SIGN IS 10 FEET SSE ON WOOD FENCE POST. NO REFERNCE OR AZIMUTH MARKS SET.
TO REACH STATION FROM FLAGSTAFF, GO NORTH ON HWY. 89 TO M.P. 464.30 AND STATION 70 FEET EAST OF HWY.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.