Details for Benchmark: FQ0589
N 35° 53.602 W 111° 23.192 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1976 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1976 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 2 MILES NORTHEAST OF CAMERON NEAR THE NORTHWEST END OF THE RUNWAY OF THE CAMERON AIRPORT.
THE STATION IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED AIRPORT 1976 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT MARKED BY A WITNESS POST AND SIGN 3 FEET TO SOUTH.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED AIRPORT RM 1 1976 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED AIRPORT RM 2 1976 AND IS SET IN A 10 INCH DIAMETER CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM CAMERON, GO NORTH ON U.S. HWY. 89 TO MILE POST 466 WHICH IS THE NORTH END OF BRIDGE ACROSS THE LITTLE COLORADO RIVER, CONTINUE NORTH FOR 500 FEET AND TURN RIGHT ON OLD HWY. (U.S. 89) AND GO 0.6 MILE TO A BLADED ROAD, RIGHT, THAT LEADS TO CAMERON AIRPORT, TURN RIGHT ON AIRPORT ROAD FOR 0.8 MILE TO A POWERLINE AND A ROAD FORK TO THE RIGHT. DO NOT TAKE RIGHT FORK BUT CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD FOR 0.5 MILE THEN TURN LEFT FOR 100 FEET TO A BLADED E-W ROAD, TURN LEFT FOR 400 FEET AND STATION IS ON THE RIGHT, MARKED WITH A WITNESS POST AND SIGN.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
|1/1/1983 by AZDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1983 (GH)
THE STATION MARK AND REFERENCE MARKS WERE RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED IN 1976. THE ROUTE TO THE STATION IS ADEQUATE FOR RECOVERY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.