Details for Benchmark: FQ0637
N 35° 14.000 W 111° 34.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- HIGHWAY 89 MP 419.85
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1974 (TT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF FLAGSTAFF ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 89, ON PROPERTY BELONGING TO HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT.
THE STATION MARK IS A HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISK STAMPED, 419.85 1321 1974. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 12 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 6 INCHES. IT IS 110 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. 89, 25.7 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST AND 9-1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A LARGE PINE TREE.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS A HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISK STAMPED, 419.85 1321 RM 1 1974. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 12 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 5 INCHES. THE MARK IS ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STATION.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS A HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISK STAMPED, P AND M 419.85 1321 1973. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A BURIED BOULDER.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF NORTH 4TH STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAYS 66 AND 89 IN FLAGSTAFF, GO EAST AND NORTH ALONG U.S. 89 FOR 2.9 MILES TO THE ENTRANCE TO KOA CAMPGROUND AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.