Details for Benchmark: FQ0688
N 35° 54.914 W 111° 33.749 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1976 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1976 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 8.5 MILES NORTHWEST OF CAMERON, 23 MILES SOUTHWEST OF TUBA CITY ON SOUTH SIDE OF ARIZONA HWY. 64 ON A RIDGE THAT SLOPES UP TO THE SOUTH.
THE STATION IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED NAVAHOPI 1976 AND IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE ROCK. THE STATION IS 800 FEET SOUTH OF HWY. 64 CENTERLINE, 100 FEET NORTH OF CENTERLINE OF NEW PROPOSED HWY. ALIGNMENT, ON A RIDGE THAT SLOPES UP TO THE SOUTH AND MARKED BY A WITNESS POST AND SIGN 3.8 FEET TO NORTH.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED NAVAHOPI RM 2 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO A 2-1/2 X 2-1/2 FOOT BOULDER PROJECTING 0.8 FEET.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED NAVAHOPI RM 1 1976 EPOXIED TO A 1 X 2 FOOT BOULDER PROJECTING 0.8 FEET.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM CAMERON, TRAVEL SOUTH ON U.S. HWY. 89 TO JUNCTION WITH ARIZONA HWY. 64, TURN RIGHT, WEST, ON HWY. 64 TO MILE POST 286.50 AND STATION ON THE LEFT, SOUTH, 800 FEET FROM HWY. STATION CAN BE REACHED WITH A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE BY CAREFULLY PICKING WAY THROUGH ROCKS AND BRUSH.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.