Details for Benchmark: FQ0698
N 35° 41.922 W 111° 30.144 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1976 (TT)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 35.5 MILES NORTHEAST OF FLAGSTAFF, 13 MILES SOUTHWEST OF CAMERON AND 650 FEET WEST OF U.S. HWY. 89.
THE STATION IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED WAUNETA 1976 SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN A LAVA ROCK MARKED BY A WITNESS POST AND SIGN 3 FEET TO THE WEST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED WAUNETA RM 1 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO A ROCK OUTCROP.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT HWY. DIVISION DISK STAMPED WAUNETA RM 2 1976 AND IS EPOXIED TO A ROCK OUTCROP PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM JUNCTION OF U.S. HWY. 66 AND 89, 6 MILES EAST OF FLAGSTAFF, GO NORTH ON HWY. 89 TO MILE POST 453.55 AND STATION ON THE LEFT, WEST, 650 FEET FROM HWY. CENTERLINE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1.5 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.