Details for Benchmark: FQ0817
N 35° 31.833 W 111° 22.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- 27 BKC
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1968
FROM WUPATKI NATIONAL MONUMENT VISITORS CENTER LOCATED 23.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE SUSPENSION BRIDGE AT CAMERON ARIZONA AND 13.6 MILES EAST ALONG THE PARK SERVICE ROAD, PROCEED 1.1 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE PARK SERVICE ROAD TO A POINT ON THE RIM OF THE CANYON, 271 FEET SOUTH OF THE ROAD, 1 FOOT NORTH OF A WITNESS POST. A COPPER-CLAD STEEL ROD ENCASED IN A PIPE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.