Details for Benchmark: FR0072
N 35° 14.467 W 112° 19.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- U 2
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1.6 MI W FROM MCLELLAN. 1.6 MILES WEST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT MCLELLAN, COCONINO COUNTY, 104 YARDS EAST OF MILEPOST 388, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE D 388, 1.2 FEET FROM THE FACE, 1.5 FEET FROM THE END OF THE COPING, AND 10 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK. A COPPER BOLT.
|01/01/1976 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1976
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.