Details for Benchmark: FR0236
N 35° 15.050 W 112° 38.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In YAVAPAI county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- PENE RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
8.95 MI W FROM ASH FORK. 8.95 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE ATCHISON TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY STATION AT ASH FORK, 96 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 34.7 FEET WEST OF TRAVERSE STATION PENE, 4 FEET NORTH OF THE FENCE, 49 FEET EAST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 34.2 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, AND IS SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
23.6 KM (14.7 MI) EAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD STATION IN SELIGMAN, ABOUT 0.35 MILE NORTHWEST OF SOME PIPELINE RISERS, NEAR THE HIGHEST POINT IN THE HIGHWAY, 29.2 METERS (96 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 10.3 METERS (34.7 FT) WEST OF STATION PENE, 1.2 METERS (4 FT) NORTH OF A FENCE. THE MARK IS 34 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.