Details for Benchmark: FR0508
N 35° 14.883 W 113° 58.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 1
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- galvanized steel pipe
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1940 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
6.5 MI NE FROM KINGMAN. 6.5 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT KINGMAN, MOHAVE COUNTY, NEAR BERRY SIDING, 33.5 FEET EAST OF THE THIRD POLE NORTHEAST OF MILEPOST 510, 71.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH TRACK, AND ON THE NORTH EDGE OF A SMALL BANK. A STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 3375.111 AND FASTENED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2 INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|1/1/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE MARK IS 0.6 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 2.0 M BELOW THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.