Details for Benchmark: FR0755
N 35° 16.800 W 112° 42.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In YAVAPAI county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- T 488
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
17.0 KM (10.6 MI) EAST FROM SELIGMAN. 17.0 KM (10.6 MI) EAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA, AND SANTA FE RAILROAD STATION IN SELIGMAN, IN TOP OF A MASSIVE VOLCANIC OUTCROP PROJECTING 6-INCHES OUT OF THE EAST END OF A HIGHWAY CUT, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) EAST OF A SUMMIT, 27.4 METERS (90 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING NORTH, 8.2 METERS (27 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 6 METERS (20 FT) WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE HIGHWAY CUT, 1.5 METERS (5 FT) SOUTH OF THE TOP OF THE CUT BANK. THE MARK IS 3 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.