Details for Benchmark: FS0064
N 35° 57.850 W 114° 40.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
6.4 MI SE FROM HOOVER DAM. 6.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 93 FROM THE SOUTHEAST (ARIZONA) END OF HOOVER DAM, 0.4 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 6, 102 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST END OF A GUARD RAIL, 50.0 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SCREWED ON TOP OF A 2 1/2-INCH GALVANIZED IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
10.0 KM (6.2 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 93 FROM THE SOUTHEAST END OF HOOVER DAM, 0.25 KM (0.15 MI) SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 6, 45.7 METERS (150 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 13.7 METERS (45 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD HIGHWAY, 112 METERS (368 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A BOX CULVERT. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 3.2 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.