Details for Benchmark: FS0121
N 35° 49.267 W 114° 57.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- Z 148
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
11.5 MI S FROM ALUNITE. 1.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 95 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 93 AT ALUNITE, THENCE 9.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG OLD ABANDONED STATE HIGHWAY 5, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF THE Y JUNCTION OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH TO A DRY LAKE, ABOUT 68 YARDS SOUTH OF A STEEL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AUTO CLUB SIGN, 52 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2.6 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE OLD HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1963 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.