Details for Benchmark: FS0168
N 35° 53.583 W 115° 13.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- S 170
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
10 MI N FROM JEAN. 10.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT JEAN, 14 RAILS NORTH OF THE SIGN READING ERIE ONE MILE, 7 1/2 RAILS SOUTH OF MILE POLE 311, ABOUT 60 YARDS NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A LONG ROCK CUT, IN THE TOP OF A ROCK LEDGE OF THE EAST FACE TO THE CUT, 9.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.