Details for Benchmark: FS0228
N 35° 40.517 W 115° 22.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- HEAP RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
7.8 MI S FROM JEAN. 7.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 91 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 91 AND GOODSPRINGS ROAD AT JEAN, 299.0 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 32.8 FEET NORTH OF CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD, 29.50 FEET NORTHWEST OF STATION MARK, SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 2 INCHES ABOVE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.