Details for Benchmark: FS0259
N 35° 33.983 W 115° 21.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- B 328
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
8.7 MI NW FROM NIPTON. 8.7 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT NIPTON, 9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE 7TH TELEPHONE POLE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOLE 286, 7 1/2 RAILS NORTHWEST OF CULVERT 286.18, 46.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 10 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DIM TRACK ROAD, 1.4 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.