Details for Benchmark: FS0409
N 35° 59.483 W 114° 08.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- M 289
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
2.3 MI S FROM MOUTH OF HUALPAI WASH. 2.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG A NARROW DIRT ROAD FROM THE MOUTH OF HUALPAI WASH ON THE SOUTH SHORE OF LAKE MEAD, IN HUALPAI WASH, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH EDGE OF AN OUTCROP, 35 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 7 FEET WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF A LONE WHITE BOULDER, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND MARKED BY THE WHITE PAINTED LETTERS BM.
|02/20/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (SDC)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code E indicates a distribution rate of 4.1 thru 8.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.