Details for Benchmark: FS0414
N 35° 58.600 W 114° 08.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Y 128
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
3.4 MI S FROM MOUTH OF HUALPAI WASH. 3.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG A NARROW DIRT ROAD FROM THE MOUTH OF HUALPAI WASH ON THE SOUTH SHORE OF LAKE MEAD, ABOUT 200 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ACROSS HUALPAI WASH FROM A SIGN READING LAKE MEAD RECREATIONAL AREA, AT THE EAST EDGE OF THE WASH, IN THE TOP OF A LIMESTONE OUTCROP AT THE BASE OF A HIGH ROCK CLIFF, 79 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 4 FEET SOUTH OF A 4-INCH MESQUITE TREE, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
|01/01/1959 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.